Flea & Tick Treatment from a Troutdale Veterinarian
You try your best to care for your dog or cat, but unfortunately, you think they may have been infested by fleas or ticks. Your pet seems very itchy lately, and you’re almost scared to inspect their fur. By taking your pet into an animal hospital that serves Troutdale and Gresham, they can receive flea and tick treatment.
Common Signs of Fleas and Ticks
If your pet has fleas, look out for these symptoms:
- Pale gums and lips
- Hair loss
- Lots of licking, chewing, biting, and itching of the area
- White flea eggs
- Dark flea dirt
- Hot spots and scabs
- Allergic dermatitis, often in dogs
If they have ticks, these symptoms are likely:
- Development of cytauxzoonosis, a tick bite infection that can lead to death
- Development of Lyme Disease from deer ticks
- Other infections and irritation of the skin
- Paralysis of the area from the tick
- Blood loss
If your pet is experiencing the above symptoms, make sure you get them to your Troutdale veterinarian as soon as possible. They will administer tick and flea treatment for your pet.
Once your pet is back to their old selves, here are some tips to keep them that way:
- Avoid tall grasses when walking your dog
- Make brushing your pet a habit
- Keep pet bedding clean
- Talk to your vet about which medications your pet should be taking to avoid fleas and ticks
Treatments at Paws & Claws Pet Medical Center, Your Troutdale Veterinarian
Does your pet have fleas and ticks? Here at Paws & Claws Pet Medical Center, we have flea treatment and tick treatment to get your dog or cat free of these unwanted parasites. From over-the-counter solutions like a Seresto tick and flea color or Frontline Gold to prescription treatments like Advantage Multi, NexGard + Heartgard, Trifexis, or Comfortis, your pet will feel much better soon.
Schedule an Appointment with Your Troutdale Veterinarian
To set up an appointment at our animal hospital today, please call (503) 661-1833 or visit Paws & Claws Medical Center at 26745 S.E. Stark Street.